Saturday 16 February, 2008

KHSAR BHAR KO KYU PYARR KIYA THA.

Here comes another of Mr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan's potery i like to penn it for times so now i finally got it.for some reason, I feel that I need to keep coming back to it every once in a while. He has this amazing ability to write very simple things which touch our hearts. And for some reasons, for me, things that are closest to my heart are oftentimes expressed so succinctly and brilliantly in the Hindi language. अर्द्ध रात्रि में सहसा उठकर, पलक संपुटों में मदिरा भर, तुमने क्यों मेरे चरणों में अपना तन-मन वार दिया था? क्षण भर को क्यों प्यार किया था? [Suddenly, in the middle of the night, your eyes brimming with intoxication, why did you give you heart and soul to me? Why did you love me for a moment?] ‘यह अधिकार कहाँ से लाया!’ और न कुछ मैं कहने पाया - मेरे अधरों पर निज अधरों का तुमने रख भार दिया था! क्षण भर को क्यों प्यार किया था? [All I could say was, "Who gave you this right?" Why did you love me for a moment, placing the weight of your lips on mine?] वह क्षण अमर हुआ जीवन में, आज राग जो उठता मन में - यह प्रतिध्वनि उसकी जो उर में तुमने भर उद्गार दिया था! क्षण भर को क्यों प्यार किया था? [That moment will live forever in my life. Even today, I feel that passion, a reflection of the bliss you filled my heart with? Why did you love me for that moment only?]

1 comment:

vacum space said...

what does this blog mean...

Theme kya hai...